1. Your favorite shorts pattern ( Here's a free one from MADE)
2. Fabric - I used up about 1 yd for a 2.5 year old
4. Contrasting fabric and interfacing for applique. ( I'm not showing how to do
appliques here, but here's a good article on interfacing)
1. Cut out the shorts pieces.
2. Sew the inseams of both legs but not the outer seams.
Finishing the hemline:
15. At the bottom two inches of the pleat part which you left un-stitched in step 7, fold it slightly angled at the sides and sew.
16. Now fold the hemline quarter inch on itself and sew, now fold it again all the way to the stitched sides and sew a seam.
See the smile!